V Sort Operator - 3rd Shift
$500 SIGN ON BONUS
NCP Solutions is a leading provider of best-in-class integrated payment solutions, marketing services, retail products, high-value transactional print and electronic documentation, and security solutions. The 45-year-old company serves multiple industries including financial, insurance and investment services, big-box retailing, accounting software, commercial, direct selling associations, and franchising. Its clients’ range in size from major corporate brands and trade groups to small businesses and individual consumers. They are served through three business divisions: Payment Solutions, Marketing Services and Retail Channels.
We offer competitive Pay, Benefits, Paid Time Off, and 401k. For more information, visit www.ncpsolutions.com.
Shift: 3rd Shift(11:00pm - 7:30am) + Overtime - Part Time and Full Time OpportunitiesAvailable
PAY: NCPoffers a competitive wage to increase with experience. 3rd Shift offers a$1.25 shift differential.
Role Description: NCP Solutions is looking for someone who can understand USPS postal concepts.
- Must follow written and spoken directions and be able to interpret job tickets.
- Performs quality checks for mail pieces: Proper seal, address location, barcode quality and placement.
- Ensures Tray labels include: AADC or 5-digit zip code, city, state, sort level and the label matches with all mail in the tray.
- Ensures mail piece orientation: Pass 1 mail must be placed right side up in trays facing the label, use 2” MM tray. Pass 2 Small groups and reject bins must be placed upside down in mail tray, use 2” MM trays.
- Ensures spoiled mail is identified for bad addresses, torn envelopes, and unreadable IMB etc.…
- Ensures mail from the sorter machine bins are placed in trays matching with the bin label.
- Quality spot-checks all trays: to compare contents with the tray label;
- With supervision, operates high speed/large capacity automated Sorting equipment and completes a range of mail sorting functions.
- Performs and maintain throughput per hour by keeping machine(sorter) running and responding quickly to errors that stop the machine. Requires a supervisor to review any errors
- Verifies document quality. Quality checks include, mail tap test, print and indicia verification. Escalates any sorter machine issues immediately to the supervisor as needed.
- Ability to load and unload mail properly for the job to be run.
- Consistently demonstrate the proper way to lift and load.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the equipment using all basic functions. Completes a range of responsibilities and processes with supervision and guidance.
- Adheres to equipment safety and environmental compliance standards and practices and monitors and alerts coworkers and leaders of safety issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong ability to concentrate.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to account for all documents processed and shipped.
- Must be 18 years or older.