Operations Department Manager - Production
SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products and delegates assignments to appropriate supervisors.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Assists in costing products throughout production.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker issues/concerns
- Regular and appropriate attendance is expected in this and all other positions at NCP.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in computer software applications: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills
- Proven record in training employees about safety and production
- Ability to coach and motivate employees
- Must be flexible to work all three shifts as needed
- Improve efficiency, balance production lines, reduce changeover times
- Ability to constructively interact with others to resolve issues and improve the operation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Previous management/supervisory experience within this industry is preferred. Four-year degree from an accredited university; OR two-year degree in a technical discipline with five years management experience obtained in-house may be substituted for minimum education requirements. 5 – 10 years progressive manufacturing leadership experience with at least three years of experience as a manufacturing manager and a strong track record of achievement
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Oversees 1-5 shift supervisors
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in the specified languages. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS/COMPUTER SKILLS/REASONING ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to account for all documents processed and shipped. Functional computer/PC skills and experience with the Microsoft suite of products and software packages.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop or kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or airborne dust &/ or paper particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. All employees will be working in a manufacturing production environment. This includes working around various types of mechanical equipment or in areas where industrial lift trucks are used. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels are required to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
NCP Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and committed to programs that promote safety in the workplace.Drug testing is required prior toemployment and may be requested subsequently.