Quality Analyst II
The Quality Analyst II will be responsible for managing multiple software testing projects under the direction of the Software Quality Assurance Manager or Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer. The IT Quality Analyst II will ensure software quality by managing software projects via the Software Testing Process. The IT Quality Analyst is responsible for supporting Software Quality Assurance team members to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
Responsibilities include software testing estimation, analysis, planning, execution, management, and reporting on software testing projects. These responsibilities include assisting in the development, implementation and support of the Software Quality Assurance standards, methods, techniques, and tool usage, related to quality systems development and testing.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Lead a test team providing direction and setting goals for the testing efforts to ensure project objectives and expectations are met. This includes functioning in a leadership role by proactively taking ownership for work and the work of others, recognizing when assistance is needed, and establishing and monitoring priorities (20%)
- Analyze and review functional and technical specifications with multiple business areas to create test plans and manual test cases. Develop templates for testing functions. (20%)
- Assist the SQA Manager and or QA Engineer IV with Software testing estimations for all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (10%)
- Organize and maintain the test suite(s) for several types of tests (e.g. smoke, functional, end-to-end, regression) scheduled for execution (10%)
- Execute manual test cases to support requirements and regression efforts (20%)
- Identify defects and/or problem areas within the software by executing test cases and test scripts.
- Effectively communicate defects in a written format, providing clear and concise information necessary to reproduce and explain the problem.
- Summarize defects for the overall project and distribute defect summary report as needed.
- Verify the resolution of the defects/enhancements (15%)
- Perform work with minimal supervision. Exercise considerable latitude in determining testing objectives of assignments (5%)
Communication & Contacts Required
- Regular communication with business partners, project stakeholders regarding test plans, test cases, testing strategy or general testing activities
- Regular communications with IT management.
- Regular communication with business functional and user acceptance testing personnel.
- Analytical, problem-solving decisions around proper utilization of testing strategy, policy and systems.
- Exercises appropriate judgement regarding decision-making boundaries
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Detail oriented with willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
Education & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent QA experience.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- 3+ years software testing experience
- Experience administrating/utilizing software testing tools is required.
- Experience in testing software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools is required.
- Adept at anticipating user behavior and solving problems efficiently and creatively
- Experience working with financial, or health care institutions is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time.