Shift Supervisor - 2nd Shift
$1000 Sign-On Bonus
NCP Solutions is a leading provider of best-in-class integrated payment solutions, marketing services, retail products, high-value transactional print and electronic documentation, and security solutions. The 45-year-old company serves multiple industries including financial, insurance and investment services, big-box retailing, accounting software, commercial, direct selling associations, and franchising. Its clients’ range in size from major corporate brands and trade groups to small businesses and individual consumers. They are served through three business divisions: Payment Solutions, Marketing Services and Retail Channels.
We offer competitive Pay, Benefits, Paid Time Off, and 401k. For more information, visit www.ncpsolutions.com.
PAY: Exempt/Salaried | NCP offers a competitive wage to increase with experience.
SHIFT: 2nd Shift (2:30pm - 11:30pm)
SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies and procedures to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Can perform the same activities of workers supervised.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker issues or submits unsettled issues to Department Manager for action.
- Regular and on-site attendance is expected in this position at NCP.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in computer software applications: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Manage, coach, and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Ability to be proactive and problem-solve
- Strong management and motivational skills.
- Must be flexible to work over on other shifts as needed
Manages a total of up to 30 employees in the Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this shift. The shift manager/supervisor carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Previous supervisory experience required. Associates or four-year degree from a college or university; or five+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Experience in print mail industry or in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in the designated languages. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS/ REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to account for all documents processed and shipped. Computer and PC skills, including basic Microsoft utilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop or kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or airborne dust &/ or paper particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. All employees will be working in a manufacturing production environment. This includes working around various types of mechanical equipment or in areas where industrial lift trucks are used. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels are required to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
NCP Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and committed to programs that promote safety in the workplace. Drug testing is required prior to employment and may be requested subsequently.